Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stuffed Mushroom

I was introduced to these tiny little wonders, when me & Hubby had dinner one day at OliveGardens. To date it still remains one of my fav appetizers. But after that stint it was long forgotten until recently. We both religiously follow the sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond" every evening with cuppa. In one of the episodes, Raymond's mommy Marrie serves the family stuffed mushroom! and there I was recollecting my first encounter with stuffed mushroom. But this time I wanted to try my hands at making them, so I googled. There were hundreds of links as search results and I stumbled upon this easy recipe. Though I feel its a bit time consuming, but its worth every minute.



You Need:

Tiny Mushroom - 10-12
Spring Onions - 1 bunch, finely chopped
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Butter - 1 tsp
Fresh Bread Crumbs - 1 cup
Cilantro/Parsley - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Cheese - 1/2 cup, shredded
Salt & Pepper - to taste
Dry Oregano - 1 tbsp (This is my improvisation. Any other herbs - Thyme, Sage can be used)

You Do:-

  • Pre-heat Oven to 350 deg F.
  • Carefully break-off mushroom stems. Wash thoroughly and pat dry.
  • Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl, 30 sec
  • Add all the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly.
  • Fill each cap with the mixture. Sprinkle extra cheese on top.
  • Bake for 10-15 min or until cheese melts completely.
  • Enjoy!!

No comments: