While just browsing for recipes and treating my eyes with lovely foodie pics,(which happens to be my every afternoon routine!) I stumbled upon this blog 'Cooking4allseasons' by Srivalli. I see an event being hosted 'Roti Mela' and it ends in 2 days. I was excited. Very first recipe that came to my mind was Akki Rotti. I just love it when lots 'n lots of veggie is added.
Thus Akki rotti & Pudina chutney is our lunch today.
Rice flour - 2 cup
Carrot - 2 cup, grated
Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
Green chilly - 3-4, finely chopped
Cilantro - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Ginger - about an inch, finely chopped
Cumin - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Mix-in all the above ingredients. Now add about 1-1/2 cup of water, bring everything together to form dough.
- Add 1 tbsp of Oil, gently knead. Resulting dough will be soft.
- Smear oil onto a tava. Take about a ball-sized dough, place it at the centre of tava. Flatten with fingers until it is round. (wet fingers with oil, to avoid dough sticking to it.)
- Cook on med-high until you see edges separating from tava. Turn it and roast on the other side for few minutes.
- Serve hot with chutney. Enjoy!