Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Avocado Chapati

Avocados caught my eyes the very first time I went to a store in the US. I grew curious as to how would it taste. One day, I actually bought one but to my disappointment it was too bland. What do I do of it now? Sometime back I had come across this recipe of chapati using avocado in Indira's site Mahanandi. Good that I wouldnt have to throw it away. I gave it a try and it turned out real soft and smooth. Thank you Indira.
But I wonder if I will buy avocados again ;)



You Need:

Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Ripe Avocado - 1
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Water - enough to make dough
Oil


You Do:

  • Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, either with a spoon or by spearing with the tip of a knife. Scoop out the flesh using a spoon and mash into a smooth paste.
  • Mix in all the dry ingredients and avocado paste, to knead a smooth dough. Rest dough for 15-20 min
  • Make chapati as usual. Enjoy!

No comments: